Jacob Teitelbaum, MD, is a board certified internist and nationally known expert in the fields of chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, sleep and pain. He is also Director of the Fatigue & Fibromyalgia Practitioners Network and author of numerous books including The Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Solution (Avery), the best-selling From Fatigued to Fantastic! (Avery Penguin), Pain Free 1-2-3 — A Proven Program for Eliminating Chronic Pain Now (McGraw-Hill), Three Steps to Happiness! Healing Through Joy (Deva Press), the Beat Sugar Addiction NOW! series (Fairwinds Press), Real Cause, Real Cure (Rodale), and the popular free iPhone and Android application "Cures A-Z." He is the lead author of four studies on effective treatment for fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome, and a study on effective treatment of autism using NAET. Dr. Teitelbaum does frequent media appearances including Good Morning America, CNN, Fox News Channel, the Dr. Oz Show and Oprah & Friends. He lives in Kona, Hawaii.
Dr. T battled CFS and fibromyalgia while attending medical school in the mid 70's. In his struggle to heal, he discovered treatments that were unknown to the medical community and began a quest that became his life's passion — helping those who suffer from these debilitating illnesses. The S.H.I.N.E.-based treatment program he developed has helped tens of thousands of sufferers reclaim the vitality CFS/FMS once robbed from their lives. Through his books, speaking engagements and private practice, Dr. T has also reached many of you.
(Click here to view and download Dr. Teitelbaum's CV.)
- College/University (1969-1972) | B.A. — Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri
- Medical School (1972-1977) | M.D. Degree — Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Residency (1977-1980) | Internship and Residency — Internal Medicine, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, D.C.
- Board Certified — Internal Medicine (September 1980)
- Founding Diplomate — American Board of Holistic Medicine (December 2000)
Honors and Awards
- ODK Honor Society, Washington University (1972)
- Who's Who Among Outstanding Americans (1995-2001)
- Who's Who of Professionals — International (2001)
Presentations at National Meetings
- Annual CFIDS Research Conference, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida (1994)
- AHHA National Conference; led 2 workshops on CFIDS/FMS (1995)
- Myopain '95; an international myofascial pain conference held every 3 years, San Antonio, TX (1995)
- Frontiers of Pain Management, Phoenix, Arizona (1996, invited again to make presentation 12/97)
- Annual CFIDS Research Conference, San Francisco California (1996)
- NFRA (Fibromyalgia) Research Conference, Oregon (1997)
- Keynote address at AHMA Annual Conference (1998)
- International Myopain 1998 Conference, Italy (1999)
- AACFS Research Conference, Boston, MA (1999)
- ACAM, Reno, NV (1999)
- IAACN, Las Vegas, Nevada (2000)
- On faculty ABHM Board review cours, Denver, CO (2000)
- AACFS Research Conference, Seattle, WA (2001)
- American Academy of Pain Management, Arlington, VA (2001)
On staff at Anne Arundel Medical Center. Currently emeritus member to allow time to pursue research and teaching activities. Many presentations given over the years including:
- Preventing CNS injury post CPR
- Evaluating for and treating magnesium deficiency in acute cardiac injury & arrythmias
- Evaluation and treatment of chronic Myofascial pain and Fibromyalgia
- Nutritional assessment and treatment of patients
Committee positions included:
- Chairman of Medical Records Committee (1980's)
- Dietary Committee (1990's)
Publications | Journals
- Effective Treatment of Severe Chronic Fatigue States (2006)
- Effective Treatment Of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & Fibromyalgia - A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study," Journal of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: 2001 (Vol. 8)
- The Use of D-Ribose In Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia: A Pilot Study
- Improving Communication Skills in Children With Allergy-Related Autism Using Nambudripad's Allergy Elimination Techniques: A Pilot Study (2012)
- "Effective Treatment of Severe Chronic Fatigue States — A Report of a Series." Winter 1995 (Vol. 3, Issue 4); Journal of Musculoskeletal Pain, p91-110 (1995)
- "First Reported Case of Idiopathic Dilation of the Nonprimary Pulmonary Artery," Chest (February 1978)
Publications | Books
- Real Cause, Real Cure
Rodale (Released June 2011; available at Amazon and bookstores August 2012). Coauthored by with Bill Gottlieb.
- Beat Sugar Addiction Now! Cookbook
Fair Winds Press (January, 2012). Co-authored by Deirdre Rawlings, Ph.D., ND, and Chrystle Fiedler.
- Beat Sugar Addiction Now!
Fair Winds Press, 2011. Co-authored by Chystle Fiedler.
- From Fatigued to Fantastic!
Avery Penguin Group, 1996, and 2007, third revised edition.
- Pain Free 1-2-3
McGraw-Hill, 2005 and 2006 revised.
- Three Steps to Happiness! Healing Through Joy
Deva Press, 2003.
Professional and Society Memberships
- ACP (1982-2000)
- ASIM (1979 to 2000)
- AHHA, Annapolis; Board of Trustees (1980-1996)
- ASCH (1980-1990)
- State Medical Society, Maryland (1980-2000)
- County Medical Society; Anne Arundel County, Maryland (1980-2000)
- Served on County Medical Society executive committee (1982-1984)
- Health Awareness Board member (1995 to 1998)
- Peer reviewer and physician supervisor for BPQA (1995-Present)
- Served as State Medical Society appointee to the Governor’s Commission on Complimentary Medicine (1995-1997)
- International society for Neuroimmune modulation (1999-Present)
- American Association for CFS (1999-Present)
- International MyoPain Society (1999-Present)
- Advisor to various groups; including IMEGA (umbrella organization for M.E. groups in England), TYH and ProHealth (1999-Present)
- Founder & president of a private Annapolis day school (ABJDS) and Chairman of the fundraising committee (1991-1994)
- Numerous lectures (over 100) given to the public on medical and health issues including over 75 radio and television shows internationally (1980-Present)
- On hospital physician team providing free medical care at a homeless shelter (on rotation basis) (1995-1998)