Here's another great FMS-friendly dish from one of my favorite nutritionists, Lauren Hoover-West. (Visit Lauren's blog to see all her recipes.)
Lauren's Dandelion Tonic/Coffee Substitute
This tasty and healthy drink supports your liver and helps you detoxify toxins and excess estrogen. You'll sleep better when your liver is supported. If you wake at 3 AM, that just might be your liver!
- 2 tsp. dried organic dandelion
- 1 tsp. Milk Thistle, dried
- 16 oz./2 cups hot filtered water, 140 degrees
- Optional: 1/2 tsp. dried organic chicory
- Optional: coconut milk, alternative milk, raw local honey or liquid stevia
- Bring water and herbs to a simmer/140 degrees (not a boil).
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain and enjoy warm or cold.
Keep the drink refrigerated and enjoy it within 24 hours. If it tastes too bitter, add a tsp. of raw local honey or liquid stevia. You can buy herbs for this at a health food store or online at Rebecca's Herbal Apothecary.
You may also buy bags of Dandelion Tea. Nettle Tea is very supportive in the Spring and helps with inflammation and hayfever.
Be Well & Thrive,
Lauren Hoover-West, Holistic Health Coach & ChefPhone: (925) 457-7799 | Website: No Wheat, No Dairy, No Problem!