Here's another great FMS-friendly dish from one of my favorite nutritionists, Lauren Hoover-West. (Visit Lauren's blog to see all her recipes.)
Lauren's Golden Turmeric Milk
If you have any kind of inflammation, drink this daily! Turmeric root aids both digestion and immune function. Adding black pepper will activate the turmeric so that its even more effective. It also lowers blood sugar and helps promote healthy cholesterol levels. Cinnamon and turmeric are great for balancing blood sugar and both improve insulin function in pre type 2 diabetics!
- 1 1/2 cups alternative homemade nut or seed milk or coconut milk (no gums)
- 1 tsp. ground organic turmeric or 1 TBSP peeled, freshly grated turmeric (ideal)
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground organic black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated ginger root (peeled)
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon or Vietnamese cinnamon
- Optional: 1/2 tsp. raw local honey or real maple syrup or stevia
- Put everything, except sweetener, into a sauce pot and bring to a simmer.
- Turn to low heat on the smallest burner.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Turn off and let steep for 20 more minutes.
- Strain and reheat on stove — not the microwave!
- Add honey or maple syrup to taste as needed.
Be Well & Thrive,
Lauren Hoover-West, Holistic Health Coach & ChefPhone: (925) 457-7799 | Website: No Wheat, No Dairy, No Problem!