Double Your Energy in Just a Minute a Day
What if you could double your energy in just one minute a day? Healthfully. Naturally. And at low cost? Well you can. And here's how:
There are six special nutrients and herbals that powerfully boost energy production. These can easily be found in combination in a product called the Smart Energy System™. Let's look at the six powerhouses in this system:
- Bioenergy Ribose®. This is the form that was used in my published research (download PDF). It increased energy in about two thirds of people by a remarkable average of 61%. While also improving sleep, cognition, and much more. Ribose is the backbone of human energy molecules such as ATP. If you're low on ribose, this can replace it.
- KSM-66 Ashwagandha. This herb is the most popular herb in Ayurvedic medicine. For good reason! Numerous published studies show that it helps mood and calming, cognition, thyroid and sex hormone function, stamina, sleep, libido, and even weight management.
- Rhodiola. Helps stamina and mental fatigue.
- Green tea extract. Research has shown that this improves exercise endurance, weight loss and insulin sensitivity, and even promotes younger skin.
- Schisandra. Protects your energy producing mitochondria.
- Licorice. Excellent for adrenal fatigue. Licorice can actually raise blood pressure a bit, which can be helpful for most of you. However, if you have high blood pressure, you should monitor your blood pressure while taking a licorice supplement or not use it.
You will see the results within two weeks, and often within a day or two. With just one scoop and two capsules each morning ($0.75 a day). If not over energized, you may choose to add a second scoop and two capsules at lunchtime or early afternoon (preferably before 2 PM).
This mix has been so remarkable for people that we will be recruiting participants for a study using it in the coming six months (it can be purchased now). If you would like to volunteer for the study, which will be conducted by email, contact me at FatigueDoc@gmail.com. To qualify for the study, you need to rate your overall well-being as a 5 or less, and not have taken ribose in the past.
Smart Energy System is one of four tools I've been recommending this past last six months that have been rocking people's world.
Tools That Are Rocking People's World
Here are four tools that we have been recommending in the last six months — with dramatic benefits!
- Smart Energy System™. I generally have people combine this with the Energy Revitalization System™ vitamin powder. One drink and two pills daily can be life changing.
- Recovery Factors®. In our recent study, this unique serum extract helped 60% of people, with an average 69% increase in both energy and overall quality of life. Use the dosing recommended on the Recovery Factors website.
- Red Ginseng (HRG80™). Take one or two capsules daily. Benefits are often seen within a few days. We will be doing a study and writing an article on this soon.
- Dynamic Neural Retraining System. This DVD set helps reset the tripped circuit breakers in your limbic system. With no pills. This is especially helpful for people who are sensitive to everything.
Are you interested in participating in a study (by email) using the Smart Energy System or HRG80 Red Ginseng? If so, please send an email to me at FatigueDoc@gmail.com. We will keep you on file and contact you with more information when we are ready to proceed.
Smart Energy System
Let's look at the six powerhouses in this system in more detail. (Note: If you'd like to see some of the numerous actual studies on the Smart Energy System's awesome components, see the last section of this article.)
1. S.H.I.N.E.® D-Ribose (Made with Bioenergy Ribose®)
The Natural Body Energizer
To understand energy production, it helps to look at critical "energy molecules" such as ATP (adenosine triphosphate). These represent the energy currency in your body and are like the paper that money is printed on. You can have all the fuel (calories) you want, but if it can't be converted to these molecules, it's useless. It simply gets turned into fat.
B vitamins are a key component of many of these molecules. These are helpful, but a key component is missing. In looking at the biochemistry of these energy molecules, we found that they are made of two additional key components — adenine and ribose. Adenine (which is also called vitamin B4) is plentiful in the body. So we turned our attention to ribose, which is made in our bodies in a slow, laborious process. We found that ribose is low in energy-deficient states, making it hard to get your energy furnaces working again without it.
This was a "Eureka" moment, when things came together. Not having ribose is like trying to build a fire without kindling—nothing happens. We wondered if giving ribose to people with very low energy would jump-start their energy furnaces. The results amazed us.
I am the lead author on two published ribose studies which included almost 300 participants at 54 clinics. Ribose was given at a dose of 5 grams three times a day for three weeks. Study participants reported their energy increased an average of 61% by three weeks. In addition, mental clarity, sleep, and overall well-being improved significantly, while pain levels dropped.
D-Ribose Accelerates Energy Recovery
S.H.I.N.E. D-Ribose Study Results
203 patients completed the 3-week treatment trial. D-ribose treatment led to both statistically (p<.0001) and clinically highly important average improvements in all categories:
- 61.3 % increase in energy
- 37% increase in overall well being
- 29.3% improvement in sleep
- 30% improvement in mental clarity
- 15.6% decrease in pain
Improvement began in the first week of treatment and continued to increase at the end of the 3 weeks of treatment. The D-ribose was well tolerated.
D-ribose (which is what I am referring to when I say ribose) is a simple five-carbon sugar that is found naturally in our bodies. But ribose is not like other toxic sugars, such as table sugar (sucrose), corn sugar (glucose), and fructose (fruit sugars). When you consume ribose, your body recognizes that it is different from other sugars and preserves it for the vital work of actually making the energy molecules that power your heart, muscles, brain, and every other tissue in your body — making it healthy and helpful even for people who can't tolerate sugar.
The amount of ATP you have in your tissues determines whether you will be fatigued or will have the energy you need to live a vital, active life. Ribose provides the key building block of ATP, and the presence of ribose in the cell stimulates the metabolic pathway your body uses to make this vital compound. If the cell does not have enough ribose, it cannot make ATP. So, when cells and tissues become energy-starved, the availability of ribose is critical to energy recovery.
2. Ashwagandha (KSM-66)
Ashwagandha is the most popular herb in Ayurvedic medicine, the healing art that stems from India. But again, the way the herbs are farmed and processed often destroys their potency.
My friend Chris Kilham (aka, the Medicine Hunter) is one of the world's most respected herbalists. He travels all around the world hunting new herbs, and making sure old ones are managed properly. He turned me on to the KSM-66 form of Ashwagandha, and I am very thankful to him that he did. This is the main form being used in research now, because they have taken measures to restore its old potency.
Here's what the (mostly placebo-controlled) research using specifically the KSM-66 Ashwagandha shows. This Ashwagandha is remarkable when it comes to:
- Mood and Stress Relief. In a placebo-controlled study, depression, anxiety and stress reduced significantly (p<0.001) by 77%, 76% and 64% respectively after two months.
- Memory and Cognition. Short-term memory and brain-processing speed both improved.
- Thyroid Function. Free T3 levels went up 47%, and free T4 level increased 23%. Which may account for the weight loss.
- Muscle Mass and Endurance. Exercise ability and endurance measured by the maximum oxygen consumption (VO2 max) in healthy athletic adults increased 12% and 14% respectively at day 56 and day 84. It also resulted in a 139% increase in muscle strength for the bench press, and increased muscle size 8%, 17% and 3% for thigh, arm and chest respectively.
- Sleep. People fell asleep more quickly and stayed asleep more efficiently.
- Female Sexual Health. Scores for arousal, lubrication, orgasm and satisfaction improved significantly by 62%, 59%, 82% and 62% respectively.
- Male Libido. Testosterone levels increased 17%. Sexual fantasy/functions, arousal, orgasm and sexual drive improved significantly by 4%, 18%, 6% and 11% respectively. (I guess it's best for the man and woman to use it together, so they can keep up with each other. But careful if you're not looking to have children yet, because ...)
- Male Sperm Count. Sperm count increased 167% and sperm motility increased 57%.
- Weight Management. KSM-66 Ashwagandha supplementation resulted in a 3% reduction in body weight. That translates to losing 4.5 pounds in someone who weighs 150 pounds. It decreased body fat an average of 16%. A nice "side benefit."
I think you're starting to see why Ashwagandha is the most popular herb for the 1.3 billion people living in India.
Rhodiola rosea, also called golden root, grows in arctic and mountain regions throughout Europe, Asia, and America. It has been an accepted medicine in Russia since 1969 for the treatment of fatigue, infections, psychiatric and neurologic conditions, and as a psychostimulant to increase memory, attention span, and productivity in healthy individuals.
Research shows pronounced antistress effects, enhanced physical work and exercise performance, increased muscle strength, and reduction in mental fatigue.
I first became aware of this research when I stumbled across studies being done by the Russian space program. They found that Rhodiola markedly improved stamina in the cosmonauts. It seems to work by supporting hypothalamic function as well as the brain transmitters serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine, and endorphin. All of these tend to be low in fibromyalgia, and many in the population in general.
Numerous studies, although many still in the animal study phase, show widespread benefits. Especially important here are:
- Mitochondrial protection
- Insulin function
5. Green Tea Extract (Camellia Sinensis)
We've all heard about the health benefits of green tea. Many if not most of the benefits come from a component called Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), which has very potent antioxidant properties. (Use supplements that have at least 35% EGCG.) Here are results of just a few studies:
- Exercise Endurance. 14 men who consumed green tea extract for four weeks increased their running distance by 11%. It is especially potent at protecting against the free radicals caused by exercise.
- Insulin Sensitivity. Reduced total cholesterol by 4% and LDL cholesterol by 4 %, and lowered blood pressure only in people with high blood pressure.
- May Lower Weight. Thermogenesis is the process by which your body burns calories to digest food and produce heat. Green tea has been shown to boost this process by making your body more effective at burning calories, which can lead to weight loss. Healthy men burned 4% more calories during the 24 hours after consuming a green tea extract.
- Younger Skin. Taken by mouth or even topically, green tea extract seems to help prevent skin conditions like loss of skin elasticity, inflammation, and premature aging. Therefore it is often added to cosmetics.
6. Glycyrrhizin (Licorice Extract)
This slows down the elimination of your body's stress hormone, called cortisol, which can make it dramatically effective for helping adrenal fatigue.
Benefits of Smart Energy System™
My goal is to make optimal supplementation easy and very affordable. To help with this, optimal levels and forms of ribose, Ashwagandha, Rhodiola, Schisandra, green tea extract, and glycyrrhizin (licorice) are all found combined in the simple but very powerful mix, the Smart Energy System™.
For most of you, simply taking the morning drink and 2 capsules (especially if combining the Energy Revitalization System and Smart Energy) will give you healthy energy that feels turbocharged all day. Many will more than double their energy in less than a month — in under one minute a day — all due to a formulation of components that have been research proven to dramatically improve:
- Overall well-being
- Mental clarity and cognition
- Relief from discomfort
- Mood and stress
- Thyroid and adrenal function
- Muscle mass and endurance
- Sexual health and libido
- Weight loss
- Stamina and exercise endurance
- And even younger skin
Below are various research studies that demonstrate some of the benefits of ingredients contained in Smart Energy System™. Although this is just a small sampling of the studies on this product's components, it will give those of you that are science minded an idea of what this combination can do:
In a published study in which I was the principal investigator (download PDF), in which I was the principal investigator, 203 people completed a three-week treatment trial of D-ribose. D-ribose treatment led to both statistically (p < .0001) and clinically highly important average improvements in each of the following categories:
- 61.3 percent increase in energy
- 37 percent increase in overall well being
- 29.3 percent improvement in sleep
- 30 percent improvement in mental clarity
- 15.6 percent decrease in pain
Improvement began in the first week of treatment and continued to increase at the end of the three weeks of treatment. The D-ribose was well tolerated.
Reference: Jacob Teitelbaum, Janelle Jandrain, and Ryan McGrew. "Treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia with D-Ribose: An Open-Label, Multicenter Study," The Open Pain Journal 5 (2012): 32–37.
These were all done using the special KSM-66 form of Ashwagandha. Because this is a unique form, I suspect these results are only seen with the KSM 66:
Stress and anxiety: In the below placebo-controlled study, depression, anxiety, and stress reduced significantly (p<0.001) by 77 percent, 76 percent, and 64 percent respectively after two months.
Reference: "A prospective, randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults," published in Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine, 2012.
Male sexual function: Testosterone levels increased 17 percent; sexual fantasy/functions, arousal, orgasm and sexual drive improved significantly by 4 percent, 18 percent, 6 percent, and 11 percent respectively. I guess it's best for the man and woman to use it together, so they can keep up with each other. But careful if you're not looking to have children yet, because ... Sperm count increased 167 percent; sperm motility increased 57 percent.
Reference: "Clinical Evaluation of the Spermatogenic Activity of the Root Extract of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) in Oligospermic Males: A Pilot Study," published in Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2013.
Female sexual function: Scores for arousal, lubrication, orgasm, and satisfaction improved significantly by 62 percent, 59 percent, 82 percent, and 62 percent respectively.
Reference: "Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) Root Extract in Improving Sexual Function in Women: A Pilot Study," published in BioMed Research International, 2015."
Stamina and muscle mass and endurance: Exercise ability and endurance measured by the maximum oxygen consumption (VO2max) in healthy athletic adults increased 12 percent and 14 percent respectively at Day 56 and Day 84. It also resulted in a 139 percent increase in muscle strength for the bench press, and increased muscle size increase of 8 percent, 17 percent, and 3 percent for thigh, arm, and chest respectively. Along with a 13% increase in testosterone levels.
Reference 1:" Efficacy of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera [L.] Dunal) in improving cardiorespiratory endurance in healthy athletic adults," published in AYU, 2015.
Reference 2: "Examining the effect of Withania somnifera Supplementation on Muscle Strength and Recovery: A Randomized Controlled Trial," published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 2015.
Weight management: KSM-66 ashwagandha supplementation resulted in a 3 percent reduction in body weight. That translates to losing 4.5 pounds in someone who weighs 150 pounds. It decreased body fat an average of 16 percent — a nice side benefit.
Reference: "Body Weight Management in Adults Under Chronic Stress Through Treatment with Ashwagandha Root Extract: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial," published in the Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary & Alternative Medicine, 2016.
Memory and cognition: Improved short-term memory and brain processing speed.
Reference: "Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera (L.) Dunal) Root Extract in Improving Memory and Cognitive Functions," published in the Journal of Dietary Supplements, 2017.
Improved Thyroid function: Free T3 levels went up 47 percent and free T4 level increased 23 percent, which may account for the weight loss.
Reference: "Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha Root Extract in Subclinical Hypothyroid Patients: A Double-Blind, Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial," published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 2017.
And the above are just a few of the benefits shown in the research on KSM-66 Ashwagandha. Additional studies appearing in the publication Process include:
- "Efficacy of KSM-66 Ashwagandha on quality of sleep in healthy adults"
- "Efficacy of KSM-66 Ashwagandha for perimenopausal symptoms in healthy women"
- "Efficacy of KSM-66 Ashwagandha for general health improvement in elderly subjects"
- "Efficacy of KSM-66 Ashwagandha on VO2 max , oxidative stress and cardiorespiratory endurance in athletes"
- "The effect of KSM-66 Ashwagandha on creatine, muscle size and muscle strength in athletes"
"Rhodiola rosea extract exhibited an anti-inflammatory effect and protected muscle tissue during exercise. Studies have demonstrated its ability to induce a general sense of well-being and reduce situational anxiety.[141,142] It has demonstrated improvement in depressive syndromes, mental and physical fatigues secondary to medical conditions, sexual dysfunction, thyroid hypofunction (without causing hyperthyroidism), thymus gland functioning, adrenal functioning, and menopause-related conditions.[141,142] Its mechanism of action is partly attributed to the herb's ability to influence levels of monoamines, including serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine in the cerebral cortex, brainstem, and hypothalamus through inhibition of degradation enzymes and facilitation of neurotransmitter support in the brain. It also appears to prevent catecholamine release and camp elevation in the myocardium, to prevent depletion of adrenal catecholamines by acute stress, and to induce opioid peptide biosynthesis and activation of central and peripheral opioid receptors.[140,147,148]" — excerpted from below study
Reference: Mary Bove, Jillian E. Stansbury, Aviva Romm. "Endocrine Disorders and Adrenal Support." Botanical Medicine for Women's Health. 2010
Numerous studies, although many still in the animal study phase, show widespread benefits of the Schisandra plant. Especially important are its mitochondrial protection and insulin function.
"Numerous clinical trials have demonstrated the efficiency of Schizandra in asthenia, neuralgic and psychiatric (neurosis, psychogenic depression, astheno-depressive states) disorders, in impaired visual function, hypotension and cardiotonic disorders, in chronic sinus issues, allergic dermatitis, acute gastrointestinal diseases, gastric hyper- and hypo-secretion, chronic gastritis..." — excerpted from below study
Reference: Alexander Panossian, Georg Wikman. "Pharmacology of Schisandra chinensis Bail.: An overview of Russian research and uses in medicine," published in Journal of Ethnopharmacology.
Green Tea Extract (Camellia sinensis)
We've all heard about the health benefits of green tea. Many if not most of the benefits come from a component called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCg), which has very potent antioxidant properties. Use supplements that have at least 35 percent EGCg. Here are just a few of the studies:
- Exercise endurance. Fourteen men who consumed green tea extract for four weeks increased their running distance by 11 percent. It is especially potent at protecting against the free radicals caused by exercise.
- May lower weight. Thermogenesis is the process by which your body burns calories to digest food and produce heat. Green tea has been shown to boost this process by making your body more effective at burning calories, which can lead to weight loss. Healthy men burned 4 percent more calories during the twenty-four hours after consuming a green tea extract.
- Younger skin. Taken by mouth or even topically, green tea extract seems to help prevent skin conditions like loss of skin elasticity, inflammation, and premature aging. Therefore, it is often added to cosmetics.
Below are a few study references for green tea extract:
- Tea catechins and polyphenols: health effects, metabolism, and antioxidant functions
- Dietary supplementation with green tea extract promotes enhanced human leukocyte activity
- Green tea supplementation increases glutathione and plasma antioxidant capacity in adults with the metabolic syndrome
Heart and vascular health:
Lowers blood pressure and improves insulin sensitivity:
- Green tea extract reduces blood pressure, inflammatory biomarkers, and oxidative stress and improves parameters associated with insulin resistance in obese, hypertensive patients
- Cell signaling pathways in the neuroprotective actions of the green tea polyphenol (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate: implications for neurodegenerative diseases
- Neurological mechanisms of green tea polyphenols in Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases
- Green tea extract enhances parieto-frontal connectivity during working memory processing
- Effects of encapsulated green tea and Guarana extracts containing a mixture of epigallocatechin-3-gallate and caffeine on 24 h energy expenditure and fat oxidation in men
- Efficacy of a green tea extract rich in catechin polyphenols and caffeine in increasing 24-h energy expenditure and fat oxidation in humans
- Therapeutic effect of high-dose green tea extract on weight reduction: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial (average 2.4 pound weight loss)
- The effect of green tea extract supplementation on exercise-induced oxidative stress parameters in male sprinters
- The effect of a decaffeinated green tea extract formula on fat oxidation, body composition and exercise performance
Improved blood sugar control:
- Epigallocatechin gallate, a constituent of green tea, represses hepatic glucose production
- Effect of green tea on glucose control and insulin sensitivity: a meta-analysis of 17 randomized controlled trials
Glycyrrhizin (Licorice Extract)
Glycyrrhizin slows down the elimination of your body's stress hormone, called cortisol. This can make it dramatically effective for helping adrenal fatigue.
- Glycyrrhizin induces mineralocorticoid activity through alterations in cortisol metabolism in the human kidney
Numerous studies also show it to be helpful at keeping the growth of numerous viruses in check.
Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D. is one of the world's leading integrative medical authorities on fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. He is the lead author of eight research studies on their effective treatments, and has published numerous health & wellness books, including the bestseller on fibromyalgia From Fatigued to Fantastic! and The Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Solution. Dr. Teitelbaum is one of the most frequently quoted fibromyalgia experts in the world and appears often as a guest on news and talk shows nationwide including Good Morning America, The Dr. Oz Show, Oprah & Friends, CNN, and Fox News Health.