What if you could practically double your energy in less than a minute of effort a day? Healthfully, naturally, and at a very low cost? Well you can. In this article I'm going to show you how!
Six Special Nutrients That Boost Your Energy!
There are six special nutrients and herbals that powerfully boost energy production. These are all provided in a nutritional supplement called the Smart Energy System™.
Let's take a look at them:
- Bioenergy D-Ribose®. Ribose is the backbone of human energy molecules such as ATP, and this brand of ribose is widely recognized as the best on the market. It's the form that I used in my published research, which showed that energy increased in about two thirds of people — by a remarkable average of 61% — while also improving sleep, cognition, and much more.
- KSM 66 Ashwagandha. This herb is the most popular herb in Ayurvedic medicine, and for good reason! Numerous published studies show that it helps a wide range of health areas, including mood, calming, cognition, thyroid and sex hormone function, stamina, sleep, libido, and even weight management.
- Rhodiola. Helps stamina and mental fatigue.
- Green tea extract. Shown in research to help exercise endurance, weight loss and insulin sensitivity, and even promotes more youthful skin.
- Schisandra. Protects your energy-producing mitochondria.
- Licorice. Excellent for adrenal fatigue. Please note, however, that licorice can raise blood pressure a bit (which can ironically actually be helpful for many of those with CFS/FMS). So if you already have high blood pressure, you should not use this product unless you also regularly monitor your blood pressure.
A study we conducted showed that adding just one scoop of the ribose powder to a food or drink and taking two Smart Energy capsules each morning ($0.67 a day) resulted in energy-improvement within two weeks, and often within just a day or two. The 70 people who participated in this study had been suffering at least 50% energy loss before beginning to take the Smart Energy System (keep reading to see a table showing their remarkable results after the study).
Smart Energy System has been one of three new nutritional supplements I have recently been urging people to try, and feedback from those who have shows that they've been rocking people's world! (In an upcoming article, I'll discuss a recent study of another impressive product called HRG80™ Red Ginseng.)
Three Energy Supplements That Are Rocking People's World
Though this article focuses on Smart Energy System, there are two other energy-boosting products we've been recommending for the past six months. These three and their benefits are summarized below:
1. Smart Energy System™
Here is what our study (pending publication) showed for the 70 study participants:
To add to these benefits, I generally recommend combining Smart Energy System with a tablet-form multivitamin called Clinical Essentials™. Two tablets of this multivitamin taken daily along with the Smart Energy System can be life changing!
2. HRG80 Red Ginseng™ Chewable Tablets
Benefits from this nutrient are often seen within a few days (½ to 2 chewable tablets daily). See the remarkable results that our published study found!
3. Recovery Factors®
This unique serum extract helped 60% of participants in two recent studies we conducted, with an average 69% increase in both energy and overall quality of life. This is available at the Recovery Factors website, where it is sold everywhere in the world except, unfortunately, in the U.S. Our initial published study on this product can be found at The Open Pain Journal. We also have a second study that is pending publication.
I'll discuss more about these later two products in upcoming newsletters. But for now, let's get into the detailed reasons why Smart Energy System is so effective.
Benefits of Smart Energy System
The nutrients provided in Smart Energy System have been research-proven to dramatically promote:
- Overall well-being
- Mental clarity and cognition
- Discomfort relief
- Mood and stress relief
- Thyroid and adrenal function
- Muscle mass and endurance
- Sexual health and libido
- Stamina and exercise endurance
- and even younger skin!
Keep reading to see some of the numerous and awesome studies on the nutrients provided in the Smart Energy System.
1. S.H.I.N.E.® D-Ribose
In a published study in which I was the principal investigator, in which I was the principal investigator, 203 people completed a three-week treatment trial of D-ribose. D-ribose treatment led to both statistically (p < .0001) and clinically highly important average improvements in each of the following categories:
- 61.3 percent increase in energy
- 37 percent increase in overall well being
- 29.3 percent improvement in sleep
- 30 percent improvement in mental clarity
- 15.6 percent decrease in pain
Improvement began in the first week of treatment and continued to increase at the end of the three weeks of treatment. The D-ribose was well tolerated.
Reference: Jacob Teitelbaum, Janelle Jandrain, and Ryan McGrew. "Treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia with D-Ribose: An Open-Label, Multicenter Study," The Open Pain Journal 5 (2012): 32–37.
These were all done using the special KSM-66 form of Ashwagandha. Because this is a unique form, I suspect these results are only seen with the KSM 66:
Stress and anxiety: In the below placebo-controlled study, depression, anxiety, and stress reduced significantly (p<0.001) by 77 percent, 76 percent, and 64 percent respectively after two months.
Reference: "A prospective, randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults," published in Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine, 2012.
Male sexual function: Testosterone levels increased 17 percent; sexual fantasy/functions, arousal, orgasm and sexual drive improved significantly by 4 percent, 18 percent, 6 percent, and 11 percent respectively. I guess it’s best for the man and woman to use it together, so they can keep up with each other. But careful if you’re not looking to have children yet, because ... Sperm count increased 167 percent; sperm motility increased 57 percent.
Reference: "Clinical Evaluation of the Spermatogenic Activity of the Root Extract of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) in Oligospermic Males: A Pilot Study," published in Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2013.
Female sexual function: Scores for arousal, lubrication, orgasm, and satisfaction improved significantly by 62 percent, 59 percent, 82 percent, and 62 percent respectively.
Reference: "Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) Root Extract in Improving Sexual Function in Women: A Pilot Study," published in BioMed Research International, 2015."
Stamina and muscle mass and endurance: Exercise ability and endurance measured by the maximum oxygen consumption (VO2max) in healthy athletic adults increased 12 percent and 14 percent respectively at Day 56 and Day 84. It also resulted in a 139 percent increase in muscle strength for the bench press, and increased muscle size increase of 8 percent, 17 percent, and 3 percent for thigh, arm, and chest respectively. Along with a 13% increase in testosterone levels.
Reference 1:" Efficacy of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera [L.] Dunal) in improving cardiorespiratory endurance in healthy athletic adults," published in AYU, 2015.
Reference 2: "Examining the effect of Withania somnifera Supplementation on Muscle Strength and Recovery: A Randomized Controlled Trial," published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 2015.
Memory and cognition: Improved short-term memory and brain processing speed.
Reference: "Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera (L.) Dunal) Root Extract in Improving Memory and Cognitive Functions," published in the Journal of Dietary Supplements, 2017.
Improved Thyroid function: Free T3 levels went up 47 percent and free T4 level increased 23 percent, which may account for the weight loss.
Reference: "Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha Root Extract in Subclinical Hypothyroid Patients: A Double-Blind, Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial," published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 2017.
And the above are just a few of the benefits shown in the research on KSM-66 Ashwagandha. Additional studies appearing in the publication Process include:
- "Efficacy of KSM-66 Ashwagandha on quality of sleep in healthy adults"
- "Efficacy of KSM-66 Ashwagandha for perimenopausal symptoms in healthy women"
- "Efficacy of KSM-66 Ashwagandha for general health improvement in elderly subjects"
- "Efficacy of KSM-66 Ashwagandha on VO2 max , oxidative stress and cardiorespiratory endurance in athletes"
- "The effect of KSM-66 Ashwagandha on creatine, muscle size and muscle strength in athletes"
"Rhodiola rosea extract exhibited an anti-inflammatory effect and protected muscle tissue during exercise. Studies have demonstrated its ability to induce a general sense of well-being and reduce situational anxiety.[141,142] It has demonstrated improvement in depressive syndromes, mental and physical fatigues secondary to medical conditions, sexual dysfunction, thyroid hypofunction (without causing hyperthyroidism), thymus gland functioning, adrenal functioning, and menopause-related conditions.[141,142] Its mechanism of action is partly attributed to the herb's ability to influence levels of monoamines, including serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine in the cerebral cortex, brainstem, and hypothalamus through inhibition of degradation enzymes and facilitation of neurotransmitter support in the brain. It also appears to prevent catecholamine release and camp elevation in the myocardium, to prevent depletion of adrenal catecholamines by acute stress, and to induce opioid peptide biosynthesis and activation of central and peripheral opioid receptors.[140,147,148]" — excerpted from below study
Reference: Mary Bove, Jillian E. Stansbury, Aviva Romm. "Endocrine Disorders and Adrenal Support." Botanical Medicine for Women's Health. 2010
Numerous studies, although many still in the animal study phase, show widespread benefits of the Schisandra plant. Especially important are its mitochondrial protection and insulin function.
"Numerous clinical trials have demonstrated the efficiency of Schizandra in asthenia, neuralgic and psychiatric (neurosis, psychogenic depression, astheno-depressive states) disorders, in impaired visual function, hypotension and cardiotonic disorders, in chronic sinus issues, allergic dermatitis, acute gastrointestinal diseases, gastric hyper- and hypo-secretion, chronic gastritis..." — excerpted from below study
Reference: Alexander Panossian, Georg Wikman. "Pharmacology of Schisandra chinensis Bail.: An overview of Russian research and uses in medicine," published in Journal of Ethnopharmacology.
5. Green Tea Extract (Camellia sinensis)
We’ve all heard about the health benefits of green tea. Many if not most of the benefits come from a component called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCg), which has very potent antioxidant properties. Use supplements that have at least 35 percent EGCg. Here are just a few of the studies:
- Exercise endurance. Fourteen men who consumed green tea extract for four weeks increased their running distance by 11 percent. It is especially potent at protecting against the free radicals caused by exercise.
- Younger skin. Taken by mouth or even topically, green tea extract seems to help prevent skin conditions like loss of skin elasticity, inflammation, and premature aging. Therefore, it is often added to cosmetics.
Below are a few study references for green tea extract:
- Tea catechins and polyphenols: health effects, metabolism, and antioxidant functions
- Dietary supplementation with green tea extract promotes enhanced human leukocyte activity
- Green tea supplementation increases glutathione and plasma antioxidant capacity in adults with the metabolic syndrome
Heart and vascular health:
Lowers blood pressure and improves insulin sensitivity:
- Green tea extract reduces blood pressure, inflammatory biomarkers, and oxidative stress and improves parameters associated with insulin resistance in obese, hypertensive patients
- Cell signaling pathways in the neuroprotective actions of the green tea polyphenol (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate: implications for neurodegenerative diseases
- Neurological mechanisms of green tea polyphenols in Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases
- Green tea extract enhances parieto-frontal connectivity during working memory processing
- The effect of green tea extract supplementation on exercise-induced oxidative stress parameters in male sprinters
- The effect of a decaffeinated green tea extract formula on fat oxidation, body composition and exercise performance
Improved blood sugar control:
- Epigallocatechin gallate, a constituent of green tea, represses hepatic glucose production
- Effect of green tea on glucose control and insulin sensitivity: a meta-analysis of 17 randomized controlled trials
6. Glycyrrhizin (Licorice Extract)
Glycyrrhizin slows down the elimination of your body’s stress hormone, called cortisol. This can make it dramatically effective for helping adrenal fatigue.
- Glycyrrhizin induces mineralocorticoid activity through alterations in cortisol metabolism in the human kidney
Numerous studies also show it to be helpful at keeping the growth of numerous viruses in check.
Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D. is one of the world's leading integrative medical authorities on fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. He is the lead author of eight research studies on their effective treatments, and has published numerous health & wellness books, including the bestseller on fibromyalgia From Fatigued to Fantastic! and The Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Solution. Dr. Teitelbaum is one of the most frequently quoted fibromyalgia experts in the world and appears often as a guest on news and talk shows nationwide including Good Morning America, The Dr. Oz Show, Oprah & Friends, CNN, and Fox News Health.